You are here
Starwood Retail Partners to Thank First Responders on 9/11 Anniversary
The portfolio-wide initiative will see center managers deliver breakfast, cards, banners with community thanks.
September 8, 2016 - To show its appreciation for the daily heroism of the nation's first responders, Starwood Retail Partners will commemorate the 15th anniversary of the September 11 terrorist attacks by delivering thanks in the form of baked goods, banners or cards to the first responders in its markets.
Nearly all of Starwood's 30 malls and lifestyle centers will engage in off-center activities, delivering doughnuts and cookies, hosting breakfasts, or bringing banners with mall and community thanks to their first responders.
"No one can ever forget the selflessness and heroism of the first responders in New York City, Virginia and Pennsylvania that terrible day. Our firefighters, police officers, highway patrol, EMTs and more perform heroic deeds every day," says Chelsie Petereit, Vice President of Marketing at Starwood Retail Partners. "This solemn anniversary seemed the perfect opportunity for us to give back to those who give us so much."
Bringing baked goods to various police and fire state will be the teams at:
- Belden Village Mall, Canton, Ohio
- Belmar, Lakewood, Colo.
- Blue Back Square, West Hartford, Conn.
- Capital Mall, Olympia, Wash.
- Chicago Ridge, Chicago Ridge, I'll.
- Fairlane Town Center, Dearborn, Mich.
- Franklin Park Mall, Toledo, Ohio
- Gateway Mall, Lincoln, Neb.
- Great Northern Mall, North Olmstead, Ohio
- Louis Joliet Mall, Joliet, Ill.
- MacArthur Center, Norfolk, Va.
- Northlake Mall, Charlotte, N.C.
- Northridge Mall, Salinas, Calif.
- Parkway Plaza, El Cajon, Calif.
- Mall at Partridge Creek, Clinton Township, Mich.
- Plaza West Covina, West Covina, Calif.
- The Promenade Bolingbrook. Bolingbrook, Ill.
- Solano Town Center, Fairfield, Calif.
- Southlake Mall, Merrillville, Ind.
- Southpark Mall, Strongsville, Ohio
- Stony Point Fashion Park, Richmond, Va.
- The Mall at Wellington Green, Wellington, Fla.
- Westland Mall, Hialeah, Fla.
- The Shops at Willow Bend, Plano, Texas
In addition, The Arboretum in South Barrington, Ill., will host a Touch-a-Truck event on Sunday morning, inviting first responders to the event to showcase their trucks, while children write thank-you notes to the responders. Kitsap Mall in Billings, Mont., is coordinating with a local radio station to write thank you cards.
"This isn't about our centers," Petereit notes. "This is about our community."
ABOUT STARWOOD RETAIL PARTNERS
Starwood Retail Partners is not your father's - or grandfather's - landlord. We're acquiring, redevelopment, managing, leasing and operating the next generation of shopping centers for a new generation of shoppers: active, exciting community cores for an increasingly interconnected consumer.
Owned by Starwood Capital Group, we have grown our portfolio to 30 centers in 16 states across the United States since our founding in 2012, working with top-tier investment firms to help finance our properties, and employing the talents and skills of the most creative professionals in the business to maximize their value. We build solid relationships and partner with our retailers, and invest in innovative technologies that help our properties become more productive, our stores more exciting and our shoppers more engaged.
We understand that ultimately, as an owner, as an employer and as a citizen of our communities, it's not about property, it's about people. www.starwoodretail.com